Currencies: Bitcoin (BTC)
Price: Free to download
Mycelium is an open-source mobile cryptocurrency wallet created in 2008 by the Mycelium company, which specializes in hardware technologies, software programs, and security measures.
Features of the wallet
The wallet is compatible only with Android and iOS. However, the Android version of the wallet is better developed and has more features than the iOS version.
The Mycelium company cooperates with Cashila, Gridera, Coinapult, and Trezor.
To start using the wallet, a user has to provide the following information:
- Bitcoin Address.
- Sell orders with entered location.
- Trading history.
Apart from this, even chat conversations are encrypted with the help of Bitcoin keys, which means that even such information stays private.
The Mycelium wallet is one of the most secure mobile wallets. It doesn’t offer 2-factor authentication and multi-signature accounts. However, there are some other protective features:
- Hierarchical Deterministic (HD) standard.
- A 12-word phrase usually used to backup data. These words also help to recover the account if a user’s device is stolen or lost.
- Bit ID (an open protocol authentication).
- Watch-only option. Users can check their balance and receive transactions even without full access to the account.
- PIN code is used to confirm BTC cryptocurrency payments, adding new accounts, changing purchasing/selling orders, and exporting accounts that present their private keys.
The wallet is free to download. However, some cryptocurrency operations require fees that depend on the Bitcoin network.