Name of the wallet: Jaxx or Jaxx Software
Main currencies of the wallet: BTC, ETH, DASH, ETC, DAO, LTC, REP
Price of the wallet: Free
Jaxx is a desktop wallet that supports more than 25 tokens. The largest manufacturers of cryptocurrency wallets cooperate with it.
Jaxx was created in 2014 by Anthony Diiorio, a co-founder of the Ethereum cryptocurrency.
- Jaxx doesn’t need registration or signup.
- The wallet doesn’t require any personal information.
- Yet, Jaxx may ask for some data in certain situations. For instance, if a user wants to take part in a particular program, activate an additional feature, etc.
Jaxx is compatible with Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, and Linux. It can also be added as a Google Chrome extension, which makes it more convenient.
The wallet has several security measures:
- Masterseed that consists of 12 words and helps a user to get access to the private key.
- The wallet doesn’t have access to a user's funds.
- It guarantees safe communication with the server due to HTTPS.
- All information about the password, key and recovery phrase is kept locally on the user's device, which makes it impossible to recover data, if the device is lost.
The wallet cooperates with several companies: Musiconomi, ShapeShift, RSK Labs, BitPay, Civic, Blockchain Capital, Changelly, Ledger Wallet, Trezor, and others. The wallet can include libraries created by third parties. However, it doesn’t own them, which means that it is necessary to follow the rules of the services provided by them.
Even though the Jaxx wallet is free, some crypto transactions require fees in accordance with the system used for the operations.
Jaxx offers free customer support if a user has any problems with the use of the wallet.