Name of the wallet: Copay
Main currencies of the wallet: BTC, BCH
Price of the wallet: Free
Cryptocurrencies the wallet works with: Bitcoin (BTC) and Bitcoin Cash (BCH). The wallet also allows traders to track prices of more than 150 fiat currencies.
Price: Free to download.
Copay is an open-source hierarchical deterministic (HD) wallet developed by BitPay, a US bitcoin payment service provider. The wallet is multi-signature and is available on web, desktop and mobile interfaces.
Copay wallet is compatible with the most popular operating systems, such as Windows, Mac OS, iOS, and Linux.
- Copay generates a 12-word mnemonic phrase, which is used to recover the wallet or to get access to it from a new device.
- The wallet doesn’t store data on private keys, passwords, PIN codes, etc. This diminishes chances of getting hacked.
- Copay allows creating several wallets. Thus, users get an opportunity to store bitcoins separately. Even if one of the wallets is attacked by hackers, the rest of funds will be secured.
- The Copay wallet supports the full Bitcoin Payment Protocol. It means the wallet securely verifies that all payments are sent to the right place, which helps protect participants from man-in-the-middle attacks.
- The wallet automatically generates new address after every transaction.
Since the Copay wallet can be used anywhere around the globe, users can choose from such languages as English, Spanish, German, Russian, Chinese and others.
Even though the wallet is free to download, each transaction requires fees according to the tariffs of the Bitcoin network.