Ledger Nano S
Name of the wallet: Ledger Nano S
Main currencies of the wallet: BTC, ETH, LTC, DOGE, ZEC, DASH, STRAT, XRP, BCH, ETC
Price of the wallet: $79
Name: Ledger Nano S
Currencies the wallet works with:
- Bitcoin (BTC)
- Ethereum (ETH)
- Litecoin (LTC)
- Dogecoin (DOGE)
- Zcash (ZEC)
- Dash (DASH)
- Stratis (STRAT)
- Ripple (XRP)
- Hello (HELLO)
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH)
- Komodo (KMD)
- Ethereum Classic (ETC)
$79 – according to the the official website as in March 2018.
Ledger Nano S is the latest generation cold cryptocurrency wallet created by the Ledger company in 2016. The wallet has a great number of features that can be very attractive for users.
Ledger Nano S has a pleasant and convenient design. It has two buttons, silver body, and screen. The wallet also requires a USB cable to get connected to other devices.
Not only does a customer get an ordered device, but also a USB cable, lanyard, keychain, key ring, and a piece of sheet to write down the seed.
Ledger Nano S is compatible with many software wallets. Among them are Ledger Wallet Bitcoin, Ledger Wallet Ripple, Copay, Mycelium, Electrum, MyEtherWallet, BitGo, and GreenBits.
The company requires some personal information from its user:
- Contact data, which can include an email address, phone number, etc.
- Financial data, which can include credit card number, debit card number, etc.
- IP address
- Type of web browser and its version
- Operating system
The company promises not to share this data with third parties unless it is required or permitted by law.
Hardware wallets are secure because they don’t have access to the Internet, which means that it is almost impossible for hackers to steal money. However, it isn’t enough to guarantee the perfect level of security. The wallet offers several safety measures:
- Cryptographic secrets safeguarded by a secure chip.
- OLED display allows to double-check each operation.
- A built-in 4 digit PIN security lock is necessary to conduct transactions. Keep in mind that after three incorrect attempts the device will be blocked .
- BIP39 seed, which can consist of 12, 18, or 24 words. It allows a user to backup and restore the wallet easily.
- Alternative duress PIN code;
- Shuffle PIN code option.