Founded in: 2017
Upbit is one of the leading Korean crypto exchanges. It was created by Kakao Corporation in conjunction with the developers of the well-known US exchange Bittrex. Upbit has an average daily turnover of $1 billion.
Main cryptocurrencies: BTC, LTC, ETH, XRP and others. The list includes more than 110 cryptocurrencies.
Referral system: none
Encryption: SSL for website
Personal token: none
Payment systems: Upbit works with the Korean won (KRW).
Applications: available for iOS and Android.
- Upbit has its own trading platform named Kakao Stock.
- Available only in Korean. Only South Korean traders can use Upbit's services.
- About 200 trading tools, including futures contracts.
- To log in to Upbit, users must use their account in the Kakao Talk messenger developed by Kakao Corporation. This application is widely used across the country.
- Customizable exchange interface that allows to place orders by a click.
- The limit of the minimum order amount: 500 KRW and 0.0005 BTC/ETH/USDT.
- Deposit fee is not charged.
- Transaction fee does not exceed 0.25%. Its amount also depends on a cryptocurrency.
- IP-addresses filtration.
- SMS confirmation of transactions.
- A user can set a password to carry out financial operations.
Verification and identity approval is mandatory. Customers have to link their banking account to the exchange.