Main cryptocurrencies: BTC, ETH
Founded in: 2013
Robinhood is an application for easy access to the exchange. It was created as a mobile application for trading US stocks and exchange traded funds. At the beginning of 2018, some cryptocurrencies were added, and the web version of the platform became available.
Main cryptocurrencies: BTC, ETH — buy and sell. BCH, BTG, DASH, DOGE, ETC, LSK, LTC, XMR, NEO, OMG, QTUM, XRP, XLM, ZEC — real-time market data.
Referral system: A user receives a bonus from each referral. The bonus should be collected within 60 days.
Personal token: none
Payment systems: works with USD
Applications: available for iOS and Android
- Robinhood Financial and Robinhood Crypto are subsidiaries of Robinhood Markets, Inc.
- A client needs to use the Robinhood Crypto account to trade cryptocurrencies.
- Exchange assets (stocks and ETFs) of each client are insured, as Robinhood Financial is a member of FINRA (The Financial Industry Regulatory Authority) and SIPC (The Securities Investor Protection Corporation). At the same time, Robinhood Crypto is not regulated by FINRA, and holders of crypto assets are not insured.
- A client can deposit money via any US bank account.
- The exchange has daily deposit and withdrawal limits of $50 thousand.
- Cryptocurrency trading is available only for the residents of some of US states. Stocks and ETFs trading is available in all 50 US states.
- Registration might be restricted. New users are added to the waiting list.
It is recommended to use additional settings:
- Touch ID/Face ID
- custom PIN
- two-factor authentication
- The application requires the provision of personal information, including a social security number.
- Trading is available to the US citizens, who are 18+ years old, have a confirmed address in the United States, and have a permanent resident status.
- Robinhood checks information about the bank account, but does not record it.