Founded in: 2011
Kraken is the first exchange that has passed cryptographic audit. Its headquarters is located in San Francisco, USA.
Main cryptocurrencies: BTC, ETH, LTC, DASH
Referral system: none
Encryption: SSL for website, PGP for email notifications.
Personal token: none
Payment systems: The platform supports fiat payments in USD, EUR, JPY, CAD.
Applications: Available for iOS
- More than 50% of transactions are carried out in EUR. The daily volume of these transactions exceeds $600 million.
- There is a margin trading with the leverage of up to 1:5
- API for displaying data and trading in the automatic mode.
- A transaction fee is paid both by makers and takers. Its value depends on the amount of the transaction.
- A margin trading fee is ~ 0,005% (every 4 hours).
- Deposit and withdrawal fees for fiat money are $5-10 and $5-60 respectively.
- Two-factor authentication, which can be set separately for different transactions.
- Additional authentication with Google Account and geographic location is possible.
- All crypto assets are stored offline, fiat money is kept in separate bank accounts.
- The platform uses the Cloudflare technology to protect the system from DDoS-attacks.
- Verification is mandatory and consists of 4 stages.
- Each stage increases monthly limits for deposit and withdrawal, as well as the personal volume of trades.
- Verification requires such personal data as: name, residence and contact phone number. It is not necessary to prove your identity.