Main cryptocurrencies: BTC, BCH, LTC, ETH
Founded in: 2016
GDAX, or Global Digital Asset Exchange — is a project of the world famous exchange Coinbase. GDAX was created specifically for users with an extensive trading experience.
Main cryptocurrencies: BTC, BCH, LTC, ETH + fiat currencies USD, EUR, GBP. The total list of assets includes 12 pairs:
The list of available assets differs according to the region a user lives in.
Referral system: The referral program of Coinbase. A user receives $10 (or the equivalent amount at BTC) from each referral that bought or sold an asset for at least $100 (or the equivalent of this amount in other crypto or fiat currencies).
Encryption: SSL for website
Personal token: none
Payment systems: The deposit can be topped up with fiat money — USD, EUR or GBP, depending on the geographic region.
- Two types of accounts — private and institutional for large investors.
- The institutional account type has an option of margin trading with the leverage of 1:3.
- API: for trading and for automatic display of data.
- The exchange cooperates with a limited number of countries.
- Verification requires personal data including the source of funds, the scope of activities and the company.
- Clients' digital assets are insured for the amount of up to $250 thousand.
- Coinbase customers can use their account information on GDAX.
- A transaction fee depends on the monthly volume of trades and the user status. There is no fees for makers.
- A withdrawal fee depends on the withdrawal method. There are paid and free ways.
- 98% of clients' assets are stored offline, the rest of it is insured.
- Two-factor authentication is mandatory for all users.
- Regular security and financial audits.
- Users must verify their accounts and prove their identity.
- Trade is available only to persons above the age of 18.
- In order to create a legal entity account, a user has to provide scans of constituent documents and some other data.