Founded in: 2012
Coinbase is the largest cryptocurrency exchange that manages over 20 million users. It is a universal trading platform, exchange and cryptocurrency storage that has simple, user-friendly interface.
Main cryptocurrencies: BTC, BCH, LTC, ETH
Referral system: A user receives $10 (or the equivalent in BTC) from each referral that bought or sold an asset for at least $100 (or the equivalent in other crypto or fiat currencies).
Encryption: AES-256 for user data protection, SSL for website
Personal token: none
Payment systems: works with USD
Applications: Bitcoin wallet for iOS and Android
- Coinbase clients can store money either in Coinbase online wallet or in separate account-storages. There are individual and group storages.
- The website presents a knowledge base with answers to the most frequent questions about cryptocurrencies.
- Coinbase is licensed to conduct financial transactions in different US states, the majority of countries in Europe, Singapore, Australia and Canada (32 countries in general).
- Three ways to deposit money: debit/credit card, bank transfer, or payment system transfer depending on geolocation.
- A convenient trading platform for setting orders, tracking and analyzing the situation on the market.
- GDAX, a crypto exchange for professional traders developed by Coinbase.
- Deposit fee depends on a payment method and a country.
- No transfer fees between wallets within the Coinbase network. Transfer fee between Coinbase and another crypto wallet depends on the cryptocurrency.
- Transaction fee is different for each country.
- Withdrawal fee depends on the sum and withdrawal method.
- More than 98% of digital assets of customers are stored offline.
- All users' money is insured.
- Several ways of 2FA (via SMS, Google Authenticator, or applications that generate single use passwords.
- IP address checking.
Verification and identity approval are mandatory. A user has to upload scans of their documents and photo.