Founded in: 2013
CEX.IO used to be a mining service with one of the biggest online cryptocurrency mining pools, GHash.io. In 2016, CEX.IO became a cryptocurrency exchange platform.
Main cryptocurrencies: BTC, DASH, ETH, XRP, ZEC, XLM
Referral system: The reward of 30% of referral transactions fees.
Encryption: SSL for website
Personal token: none
Payment systems: works with USD, EUR, RUB, and GBP
Applications: Available for iOS and Android
- CEX.IO is a member of FinCEN, an organization for combating financial crimes.
- Margin trading (leverage of 1:2 and 1:3) is available for some financial tools.
- Six languages.
- User accounts can be topped up through a bank with any fiat currencies. When a cryptocurrency is automatically converted to USD, a fee is charged. Its amount depends on the terms and conditions of the bank.
- Officially registered in the UK.
Deposit fees are charged only for credit/debit card transfer and depend on the currency:
- 3.5%+$ 0.25 USD
- 3.5%+£ 0.20 GBP
- 3.5%+3.5%+€ 0.24 EUR
- 5%+15,57 RUB
Transaction fee depends on the status and level of a client:
- 0-0.16% for makers
- 0-0.25% for takeers
Instant transaction fee is 7%.
No withdrawal fee.
- CEX.IO has a PCI DSS certificate, the international standard that ensures the security of credit/debit cards.
- Anti-hacking protection.
- Two-factor initialization for login, transaction and withdrawal.
- “Cold” storage.
Verification is optional, but is required for withdrawal.
Verification includes four stages:
- Enter passport data in English.
- Confirm personal data.
- Enter the address.
- Scan of ID card (or any other document that can prove your identity), photo, and utility bill to confirm the address.